The Young Family Foundation Awards 2020 Scholarships
The Young Family Foundation recently awarded 8 scholarships to 2020 graduates from Ganado, Louise, Tidehaven, and El Campo High Schools. The makes 110 scholarships since the Foundation was established in 2000. The Young Family Foundation’s main focus is to foster the benefits of a higher education. Each of the 2020 scholarship recipients will receive financial support through the YFF Scholarship, helping them obtain a college degree and achieve their individual career goals.
The 2020 scholarships recipients are:
- Haylee Blumrick, Louise High School (Academic Scholarship)
- Sheyenne Hendrix, Louise High School (Vocational Scholarship)
- Jacob Brooks, Tidehaven High School (Academic Scholarship)
- Andre Villegas, Tidehaven High School (Academic Scholarship)
- Monica Hernandez, Ganado High School (Academic Scholarship)
- Molly Janssen, Ganado High School (Academic Scholarship)
- Luke Prove, Ganado High School (Vocational Scholarship)
- Ryan Williamson, El Campo High School (Academic Scholarship)
The academic scholarships are valued at $2,000 per semester for as many as eight semesters, and the vocational scholarship is valued at $1,000 per semester for as many as six semesters. President Paula Young Kacer commented, “The Young Family Foundation is excited to support the communities that have supported YK Communications and congratulates these worthy recipients.”
About The Young Family Foundation
The Young Family Foundation is the nonprofit organization founded by the owning family of YK Communications. The organization’s mission is to share success with local communities by way of scholarships and grants. More information about the company can be found at www.youngfamilyfoundation.com.
About YK Communications
YK Communications offers various broadband internet, voice, video, and security services for residential and business customers across South Texas. More information about the company can be found at http://www.ykc.com.